Asian Blu-ray wave about to hit the UK
Very good news for our friends in the the UK. Some high caliber Blu-ray disc releases have popped up at the website of the Jersey based retailer play.com and amazon.co.uk. On May 18, the Japanese internet cult hit Machine Girl will see a UK release followed by Kim Ji-Woon's 'oriental western' The Good, the Bad, the Weird by Icon Home Entertainment on June 1st, 2009. Both titles haven't been released on Blu-ray Disc before.
Ghost in the Shell fans should mark the 3rd of August on their external brain calender devices as this is the day Manga Entertainment will bring the reworked classic, Ghost in the Shell 2.0 and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence to the British shores.Hopefully the Innocence release won't have the same 'features' (only lossy audio, pitch problems with one of the English dubs) as Bandai's recent US release.
More details should follow soon, so stay tuned. Big thanks to r3d-3agl3 for hunting down these releases while I'm on the road without proper net access.
Related news entries
- 04.09.2012 Manga Entertainment Teases Ninja Scroll Steelbook
- 18.01.2012 [Battle Royale] Anchor Bay wants you to kill your friends...
- 11.08.2011 [Hoshi o Ou Kodomo (Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below)] Lost Voices with English Subtitles
- 22.07.2011 A Bittersweet Life for your coffee table
- 20.06.2011 I Saw The Devil...twice!
- 21.04.2011 [Redline] Gentlemen, Start your Engines and Credit Cards!
- 20.04.2011 [Daimajin Trilogy] Mill Creek gets Stoned in 2011
- 11.04.2011 Listen to The Whisper of the Heart in July
- 17.03.2011 [The Borrower Arrietty (Karigurashi no Arrietty)] Try to catch Arrietty with English Subtitles in June
- 04.03.2011 [Cowboy Bebop: The Movie] See you in June, Space Cowboy!
- 01.03.2011 [I Saw the Devil] Magnolia will show us the Devil in May
- 01.03.2011 AKIRA: UK Steelbook Limited Edition
- 18.02.2011 Confessions (Kokuhaku) with English Subtitles in March
- 24.01.2011 Laputa & The Yamadas to go Down Under in April!
- 21.11.2010 Disney brings Nausicaa to the US in March 2011